Backing up Firefox
How do I backup my certification with Firefox?Note: This informative article relates to Firefox 2 and higher. This short article in addition is applicable for email certificates(SMIME/DigitalID) along with code-signing certificates.
1. Open Firefox.
2. According to your Operating System check-out one of many next places:
House windows: Tools -> Choices
Linux: Edit -> Choices
Mac: Firefox -> Options
3. Navigate to Advanced -> Encryption and then click on View Certificates.
This opens up Firefox's certificate manager.
4. Choose the tab that says individual or Your Certificates.
5. Emphasize the certificate you want to backup/export.
6. Click Backup Each.
You ought to now be prompted to truly save the file.
* Save location: Desktop
* File Name: anything descriptive associated with file (this is any title you prefer)
* File kind: PKCS12 data (*.p12)
7. Supply a password for the .p12 file.
8. Simply Click Save.
9. This new file includes both your certification and private key joined collectively as a PKCS#12 (PFX) file.
Importing Certification into Microsoft Windows Certificate Store
- Double-click recently produced .p12 file.
- Follow on display guidelines using this point ahead.
- Exit Wizard
Your certification can be utilised by any program which makes utilization of the Windows Certificate shop.
Examples: Internet Explorer, Outlook, signcode/signtool, and Bing Chrome.