Set up sync
This article provides directions for setting up mobile phone Sync for Rackspace Webmail in your iPhone, iPad, or iPod. Cellphone Sync synchronizes your email, associates, and calendar events in real time.
- This service works only when your administrator has assigned you a Mobile Sync permit in the Cloud Office control board. To create mail on an iOS device for a Rackspace Email account without a Mobile Sync permit, see our Help Tool.
- Your product needs to be working iOS 4.0 or newer. For those who have an iPhone, it must be an iPhone 3GS or more recent.
Set up mobile phone Sync
The screenshots inside our examples are from an iphone operating iOS 4.0. If you have a newer product, the instructions and screen might differ from the instances.
- Regarding Home screen of one's unit, touch the options symbol.
- In Settings, tap Mail, Contacts, Calendars > Add Account > Microsoft Exchange.
- Regarding the Exchange setup screen, go into the following information:
- Domain: keep this area blank.
- Username: Enter your whole current email address once more.
- Code: Enter the code for your email account.
- Information: Enter a descriptive name for your account (as an example, might work Account). This description should be visible only to you.
Note: these devices will make an effort to validate the account. You could receive an Unable to validate Certificate message. If you do, tap the Accept button.
- Tap the Server field, and enter mobilesync.emailsrvr.com when you look at the Server address industry.
If confirmation succeeds, check marks are shown next to every industry. If any field indicates difficulty, double-check that setting’s price.
- Slip the ON/OFF buttons to pick which information to synchronize, after which tap Save.
Dependent on simply how much data is from the host, your iPhone usually takes a few minutes to synchronize all your information.